Story Laboratory: TEDEd Style


  • Constraints are super useful. I don't know how to attack an engineering problem without any constraints.
  • Ah. Hero's journey/monomyth again.
    • Interesting. I am the hero. But I suppose we all are the heroes of our own story. I definitely wrot all my fiction in first person for a long time.
  • I've definitely caught myself ignoring one thing that is impossible in our world but getting all up in arms about another thing from that same story just because the first was justified by the laws in the story, whereas the second wasn't.
  • I remember being blown away by the idea of a language that seeks to reduce itself instead of growing. Also being terrified by the idea of policing language to control thoughts.
  • "Kafka's Poseidon is a prisoner of his own ego"
  • "The point of fiction is to cast a spell. A momentary illusion"
  • Fricking zombie nouns. I use them so much because I write lab reports too much.
    • This is a small point, but those are skeletons, not zombies.
  • "Like finding Waldo in the visual chaos, we hear the echo in the oral chatter"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Your Friendly Local Nerd

Week 13 Story, Arjun's Temptation