Reading Notes, Sita Sings the Blues


A forlorn Sita

  • Lakshmi coming out of the milky ocean!
  • I'm kind of digging this art style
    • Oh. Now a very different one.
  • Yeah. That's about how it is with cats.
  • I love the shadow puppet commentary
  • I didn't realize sita had so many names
  • Interesting that the refrain of "I cannot live without you" almost implies that Lakshmi regrets following Rama into exile
  • I'm not like the biggest fan of the wasp-waisted huge-chested wide- hipped thing
  • Interesting discussion of the goodness of ravana
  • I feel called out, abusing the lotus theme. Lol
  • I agree. She coulda just gone with the monkey
  • I feel so bad for the wife. Just rejected like that. :(
Bibligraphy: Sita Sings the Blues, By Nina Paley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Your Friendly Local Nerd

Week 13 Story, Arjun's Temptation